Listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Buzzsprout, online, or search ‘The Stewardology Podcast’ in your favorite podcast app.
John 16:33 states that in this world we will have trouble. It’s not stating that we MAY experience hardship, it says we WILL have trouble. As we look at our economic landscape, we can acknowledge we are challenged with record setting gas prices, high energy prices, increasing food costs, and rising inflation. Because of the “trouble” that we are all facing today to make our financial ends meet, we need to have a discussion about savings and investing during this market downturn.
Join us today as we answer the following questions about investing during a market downturn:
- What are the top things I ought to do when the markets are going down and prices are going up?
- In light of inflation, should I stop putting money into my savings account?
- Since the stock market is going down, should I stop investing?
- Should I pull money out of the market to “protect” it?
- Should I change my investment strategy?
Consider some of our tips for increasing income and decreasing expenses in the following episode:
- 016 & 017: How To Make a Budget That Works.
- 056: Budget Fixes – How Do I Decrease My Expenses?
- 087: How to Survive the Rising Cost of Living.
Bonus Question: Is now THE TIME to put money in the market? Everything is “on sale”, would it make sense to put more money in now depending on my time horizon?
Remember what John 16:33 states, “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
During these difficult days, God knows all the challenges that are coming up against you! He gets it! He sees it! He understands it! HE wants to be your provider and sustainer! Don’t shortcut the Lord’s intervention into your finances during these difficult days. It would be easy to “pull up your boot-straps” and make things work on your own, and in your own way and strength. But, it would be better to rest and rely on the Lord and follow HIS lead in to what would be best for you and your family both for today and for tomorrow.
- Take advantage of our free personal stewardship reviews so you can take your next steps to being a better steward.
- Send us your questions, comments and thoughts.
- Subscribe on your favorite podcast provider so you never miss an episode.
- Leave a 5-Star Rating & Review wherever you listen to podcasts!
Material presented is property of The Stewardology Podcast, a ministry of Life Financial Group and Life Institute. You may not copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, or exploit any content without the expressed written permission of The Stewardology Podcast. For more information, contact us at Contact@StewardologyPodcast.com or (800) 688-5800.
The topics discussed in this podcast are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific investment advice or recommendations. Investing and investment strategies involve risk including the potential loss of principal. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results.
Securities and advisory services offered through GWM, Inc Member FINRA/SIPC