What a year! 2022 is almost over and it brought about many challenges and unexpected twists, not just for the Stewardology Podcast team, but for you also! One thing that we like to do is evaluate, process and learn. That is what today’s episode is all about. Reviewing 2022, seeing where we fell short, where we can make changes for 2023 and come out even stronger with our stewardship and service unto the Lord!
Stewardship lessons we have learned from 2022.
- Stewardship of time is still important.
- More intentional of scheduling time off to be with family.
- Savings serve a purpose and don’t exist just to be hoarded.
- Using funds to invest in people can be wise and helpful.
- Stewardship over my health is VERY important.
- Saving & not wanting to spend.
- With increased prices of utilities/oil, I need to trust God and make needed adjustments in budgeting/spending to meet the essential needs first and foremost!
Stewardship goals for 2023.
- Going to the gym.
- Helping son navigate college & job. How much to pay, how much to make him pay?
- Stewarding time a little more intentionally.
- 2022 was a busy freelance season. How can I do 2023 better?
- Saving for a house, paying down wife’s student loan debt.
- Stewarding the body better (Diet & exercise after surgery)
- Steward my time better with my wife…intentional pre-planned dates and also do some spontaneous dates!
- Steward work/life balance in order to spend more time with my kids (which are out of the house), my grand-daughter (just over one year old) and with key friends that I like to hang out with (and you know who you are, for some of you listen to this podcast)!
We did an online survey and we asked these three questions:
- Share one significant financial stewardship challenge you faced in 2022
- Share one way that your financial stewardship been stretched due to inflation & the economy in 2022
- Share one of your financial stewardship goals for 2023
THANK YOU to each and every one of you who took the time to fill out this simple 1-2 minute questionnaire. It helped us out a lot and hopefully your response will be a blessing/encouragement to others as we speak about them in this episode.
- As we close out this episode, we want to remind you of God’s faithfulness in these unsettled times! Listen as we share some of these great verses of God’s faithfulness:
- Not one of all the LORD’s good promises to the house of Israel failed; every one was fulfilled. (Joshua 21:45, NIV84)
- The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it. (1 Thessalonians 5:24, NIV84)
- Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. (Hebrews 10:23, NIV84)
- but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40:31, NIV84)
- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13, NIV84)
- The LORD is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made. (Psalm 145:9, NIV84)
- When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. (Isaiah 43:2, NIV84)
To all, God has faithfully sustained you in 2022 even with the trials of the economy nipping at you almost daily! Let us, with even more fervor, trust in God’s faithfulness in how He will not just sustain us, but also provide generously as we faithfully steward what He put into our care in the past, and steward what He will provide and bless us with in 2023.
- Take advantage of our free personal stewardship reviews so you can take your next steps to being a better steward.
- Send us your questions, comments and thoughts.
- Subscribe on your favorite podcast provider so you never miss an episode.
- Leave a 5-Star Rating & Review wherever you listen to podcasts!
Material presented is property of The Stewardology Podcast, a ministry of Life Financial Group and Life Institute. You may not copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, or exploit any content without the expressed written permission of The Stewardology Podcast. For more information, contact us at Contact@StewardologyPodcast.com or (800) 688-5800.
The topics discussed in this podcast are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific investment advice or recommendations. Investing and investment strategies involve risk including the potential loss of principal. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results.
Securities and advisory services offered through GWM, Inc Member FINRA/SIPC