At The Stewardology Podcast, we strongly believe in surrounding ourselves with people that are smarter and wiser than us. According to Scripture, this is wisdom! We can only increase our knowledge and wisdom if we surround ourselves with Godly influences that will help us take our next steps in Biblical Stewardship.
It is important to practice what we preach. So today, we have Bob Doll on the podcast to share his predictions for 2023.
Bob is currently Chief Investment officer at Crossmark. Bob is a regular guest and contributor to multiple media outlets such as CNBC, Bloomberg TV, Moneywise, and Fox Business News. Prior to arriving at Crossmark, he held the roles of Senior Portfolio Manager and Chief Equity Strategist at Nuveen and Blackrock, President and Chief Investment Officer at Merrill Lynch Investment Managers, and Chief Investment Officer at Oppenheimer Funds, Inc. Bob is also a fellow Believer, dedicating time to his local church, as well as a number of Christian organizations and seminaries.
Bob Doll’s Predictions have historically been on track to what has actually taken place in the markets and the economy. Currently, none of his 2022 predictions are ‘heading in the wrong direction.’ Bob has his finger on the pulse of the financial industry, and his predictions have been solid this far. Without further ado, here are Bob Doll’s Predictions for 2023.
Bob Doll’s Predictions for 2023
1. The U.S experiences a shallow recession as real GDP is in bottom ten of last 50 years.
2. Inflation falls substantially, but remains above Fed’s target.
3. Fed funds reaches 5% and remains there for the balance of the year.
4. Earnings fall short of expectations in 2023 due to cost pressures and revenue shortfalls.
5. No major asset class is up or down by a double-digit percentage for only the fourth time this century.
6. Energy, Consumer Staples, and Financials outperform Utilities, Technology, and Communication Services as Value beats Growth.
7. The average active equity manager beats the index in 2023.
8. International stocks outperform the U.S. for the second year in a row (first time since 2006-2007).
9. India surpasses China as the world’s largest population and is the fastest growing large economy.
10. A double-digit number of candidates announce for President.
As we look at Bob Doll’s predictions for 2023, don’t take our word, or Bob’s word, as the final word. This is Bob’s guess based on where we are at, and we are privileged to have discussed these predictions on the show!
What are you building your life upon?
- “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.” (Matthew 7:24–27, NIV84)
- The shifting sands of the world will not save you! Build your life on the ‘rock’ of the Word of God, that way when the storm comes, whether Bob is right or wrong, Jesus is still King!
What/who are you trusting in?
- “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10, NIV84)
- “And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19, NIV84)
- There’s a lot of wisdom here, but Bob is no Savior. We are no Saviors. We cannot accurately predict the future, but we can trust in the ONE who sees tomorrow as clearly as we see this moment, knowing that HE will ALWAYS take care of His children and work all things out for our best and His glory!
- Take advantage of our free personal stewardship reviews so you can take your next steps to being a better steward.
- Send us your questions, comments and thoughts.
- Subscribe on your favorite podcast provider so you never miss an episode.
- Leave a 5-Star Rating & Review wherever you listen to podcasts!
Material presented is property of The Stewardology Podcast, a ministry of Life Financial Group and Life Institute. You may not copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, or exploit any content without the expressed written permission of The Stewardology Podcast. For more information, contact us at Contact@StewardologyPodcast.com or (800) 688-5800.
The topics discussed in this podcast are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific investment advice or recommendations. Investing and investment strategies involve risk including the potential loss of principal. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results.
Securities and advisory services offered through GWM, Inc Member FINRA/SIPC